Monday, January 28, 2013

I Am On A Mission

scanwithtext
Dear allergies, there is no eloquent way to say how I truly feel about you. So, I’ve decided to keep it simple. You suck.

See, my affair with allergies is a torrid one. I so badly want to quit it, but no matter what I try there has been no end. Allergies and I have taken breaks every now and again. Just when I think I can breathe easier, there they are. Whether it’s a raging headache, a painfully stuffy nose, oh and of course the unforgettable itchy hives, I know they’ve returned.
aftercaretestwithtext
I’ve had surgery to weaken the effects. I’ve given up my favorite foods. And I’ve allowed my arms to become pin cushions. Yet it hasn’t been enough. My allergies have officially reduced me to a walking time bomb of reactions. I hate it, and I’ve had enough. Two years ago, I began immunotherapy. As described by my ENT, it may be my last hope to ever know true relief. Suffering at the hand of allergies is getting a bit ridiculous, and I know I am not the only one.

With every injection, reaction, and day ruined by allergies I hope to learn and pass on what it takes to be rid of the annoyance known as allergies. Because I am on a mission to make the pairing of allergies and suffering a thing of the past, I am learning to love every day with allergies.

No comments:

Post a Comment