Thursday, March 14, 2013

You Can't Always Get What You Want or What You Need

youcant

During my follow up appointment with ENT for this whole sphenoid debacle he gave me a couple samples of and also a prescription for Patanase. Per their website, Patanase is a “steroid-free prescription nasal spray that works to fight the symptoms of seasonal allergic rhinitis, commonly known as hay fever.”

After my first use, I was in love. The spray opened my breathing passages and helped me clear out some of the residual infection. It was pure bliss. A few days into my use of the spray sample, the realization hit me like a ton of bricks. I knew in my heart there was no possible way this was covered by my insurance. I know I have sung the praises of Omnaris, but it's not a spray I use regularly because my insurance won't cover it. Sure, you can get a nifty $50 off coupon for you first few refills. First, in order for me to get the pleasure of using said coupon, I would have to fork over $130. I was devastated when I found out Omnaris was not covered by my insurance. It was the first nasal spray that truly worked for me.

So, when I tried to fill the Patanase prescription over the weekend I just knew in my gut a product this wonderful would not be covered. The pharmacist confirmed my suspicion. It was not covered and cost $199 for one bottle. Not really in my budget for something that would be gone in a months time.

For the time being, while my sphenoid heals I will see if I can obtain additional samples from my ENT and allergist, but I know that is not a long term solution. I really wish I had one of those.


No comments:

Post a Comment