Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Allergy Arsenal

In order to help keep my allergies at bay there are several must have products I keep in my allergy arsenal. I have gone through lots of trial and error to find the best combination that what works for me. Here is my arsenal, the best weapons I have found in the fight for allergy relief.
groupwithtext
1. Alkalol - As much as I rely on my Sinus Rinse, it is incomplete without a splash of Alkalol. Only add a little bit at first. If you add too much it burns. Add a little and a little more the next time to find the right amount for you. It’s very refreshing!

2. Sinus Rinse by NeilMed - I use the nasal irrigator two times a day. I rinse first thing in the morning and before bed. It has become so ingrained in my daily routine, not rinsing would be as bad as not brushing my teeth.

3. Omnaris - The best nasal spray I have used. It’s gentle, yet gets the job done by greatly reducing swelling in the sinus. I do one squirt in each nostril every morning. To achieve the best results you have the blow in and spray at the same time. That definitely takes some practice.

4. Ayr Saline Nasal Gel - At first the thought of rubbing gel in my nostrils was a gross concept, but the relief it brings is far from it. Be warned the relief does not last all day. It’s best to use in conjunction with rinsing or bedtime. As it feels great after a rinse and is very soothing for sleep.

5. Allegra - This is the holy grail of allergy medicine. Some say there are drawbacks like, it takes a week to get used to and you must take it at the same time every day. Also, you can’t drink juice for a couple hours before or after taking it. But for me the benefits out way any of the cons. No drowsiness, only relief.

As much as these products help, some days there is no relief. I find the more I maintain my routine the hard days become fewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment