Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Road to Allergies, Part Two

diawithtext
During my appointments with the ENT, I was diagnosed with allergic rhinitis. To top off this diagnosis, I had a severely deviated septum and enlarged turbinates. In a nutshell, no matter what I did for my allergies, I would never truly breathe right due to the structure of my sinuses. Surgery would be the only way to fix this. I was desperate to breathe again and game to do whatever it took.
reportwithtext
A year after my endoscopic sinus surgery, I was fully healed and ready to take on the needed pricking to find out what I was allergic to. After a month of testing, I finally had my answers. I had gone into the testing thinking I was allergic to everything edible. For years, I was convinced I was allergic to eggs, when I actually I have a sensitivity to corn. No egg allergies to be found. Plus to top it off I learned, that I should just give up now and move into a bubble. If you can breathe in it, I am allergic to it.
chioswithtexteggswithtext
Which leads me to today, I am now two years into immunotherapy, a possibly three year long process. During the first stage, I received two injections a week. I then moved to one injection a week. Next it was every other week and finally one a month. As it has turned out one month wasn’t working out very well for me and now I am back to one every other week. Each injection means a shot in each arm, during every visit. Oh, allergies what I do for you.

The road to discovering my allergies was long and bumpy. I have finally found away to keep the allergy symptoms at bay, for the most part. With this knowledge has come discipline, lots of it and new routines, even more of those. It’s with this blog that I plan to share the rest of the journey with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment