Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Back On Track

btr

Due to the not so lovely sphenoid infection of 2013, I have had a whopping total of one allergy shot in 2013. I guess that would not be too bad if I were on the once a month shot schedule, but I'm supposed to be receiving them every other week. A very important rule with immunotherapy injections is that you cannot receive the injection if you display severe allergy symptoms or if you are sick. So, with my infected sphenoid all shots were put on hold until I was better. Which in all honesty was really okay by me, I was too sick to even notice my allergies. They did not bother until a week ago, but I waited until I had my follow with my ENT before scheduling any shots.

The great thing about an ENT is that they can actually look in your nose with a scope to determine what is wrong. For years before I saw my ENT, I had plenty doctors just look at me with a confused look because there was nothing else that knew to do for my nose. Last Friday, my ENT gave me the all clear to begin my allergy shots again. He saw no pus and no infection in my sinus. The only cause for concern was my very allergic rhinitis. Now I am happy to report, I have had two allergy shots this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment