Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My Morning Routine

mr
Good morning! Or more often for me, what is going on?! I am not a morning person. Waking up is often a daunting and confusing process. Along with my grogginess, waking up typically means a stuffing nose and a congestion filled throat. I am striving to change that. Here are the steps I take to prepare my sinus for a day of good breathing.

First up, is the sinus rinse. This is a morning must. In a NeilMed bottle, I combine warmed distilled water, a NeilMed sinus rinse packet, and a dash of Alkalol. Then it’s time to blow, so I keep plenty of tissues on hand.
mr2
Another step I take before brushing my teeth is using Flonase. As much as I enjoy Omnaris, my medical insurance refuses to cover it. I actually enjoy Flonase a lot more than I expected to, honestly it may even be inching past Omnaris. Two squirts in each nostril of the Flonase every morning for me it is.

Finally, just before I put on my make-up I rub Ayr Gel in each nostril. It’s extremely important to ensure you have clean hands prior to using the gel to avoid introducing any bacteria to your sinus.

I’m now set to start my day.




No comments:

Post a Comment