Friday, March 01, 2013

My Night Routine

nr
To ensure my allergies don’t prevent me from having a good night’s sleep, here is the routine I follow each night.

An hour before I do my nightly sinus rinse, I take an Allegra. I actually take the generic version by Target. I have taken both the generic and name brand without noticing a difference in effectiveness, so I choose the generic to cut down on costs. And now for a confession, the way I achieve this each night is due to my iPhone. At 8:45pm, 8:55pm, and 9:00pm, my phone kindly reminds me to take my Allerga. If I left it to chance each night, I guarantee my success rate in Allegra consumption would decrease significantly.

Then I rinse my nose. It’s the same process as in the morning. Consistency is key with rinsing. My biggest suggestion with nightly rinsing is the time which it is done. Ideally, an hour before sleep yields the best results. Any closer to bedtime and there is still quite a bit of water in the sinus. When lying down right after a rinse, that drowning sensation when the water rushes out of your nose? Not fun.

Right before bed, I finish off the evening with Ayr gel. Just a dab in each nostril is a very soothing way to fall asleep.

Good night!



No comments:

Post a Comment